Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started with Topsheet?

Signing up with Topsheet is simple. Reach out to us and we will help you get onboarded. Once the contract is signed and the funds are received, we can start processing payroll for you immediately.

What is a loan-out?

A loan-out means an individual has a business with an EIN. When paying a loan-out, they will be classified as a contractor, receive a 1099-MISC, and no employer withholdings will be held.

How do I budget for fringes?

When paying an employee, Topsheet is required to pay taxes to state and federal government.

We recommend estimating your production payroll to budget how much employer taxes to expect.

Does Topsheet handle union productions?


Currently, Topsheet support DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, WGA, Basic Crafts, and Teamsters. Please contact us to support other unions.

How does Topsheet receive funds from customers?

Topsheet allows customers to wire funds to Topsheet.

Does Topsheet handle IRS reporting?

Yes! Topsheet automatically reports all state and federal payroll on your behalf.

Does Topsheet support adjustments?

Yes! It's easy to add adjustments in our time cards feature.

How do crew members get paid?

Crew members receive direct deposits after the payroll is processed. When the pay stubs appear in employee profiles, the payment should be deposited in their bank accounts.

Which states does Topsheet support?

Topsheet supports all 50 states.

How do I get customer support from Topsheet?

We want your production to succeed. Email us at and we will help you out. If you have suggestions, we would love to hear them as well.