Entertainment Payroll

What is entertainment payroll?

Regardless of whether your production company is working on a feature film, TV show, commercial or live event, the people working for you need to get paid.

Since production companies are the “employers”, you are required, by law, to comply with local, state, and federal laws and taxes in paying your cast and crew, as wells as, union standards for the cast and crew members who are members of SAG-AFTRA, DGA, IATSE, Teamsters, WGA, etc.

Topsheet is an entertainment payroll company that specializes in running projects and paying your talent and crew members faster and easier than ever before.

Entertainment payroll with Topsheet

When your projects run through Topsheet, Topsheet acts as the “employer of record,” we handle payroll taxes and worker’s compensation insurance for your cast and crew. We do all of that through our mobile application that is dedicated to automating and streamlining the entire process of entertainment payroll.

Here are some specifics:

As the employer of record, Topsheet acts on behalf of the producer by collecting W-4s, W-9's and I-9s. As the employer of record, we are also responsible for processing all the year-end tax documents, W-2s and 1099s, for all of your employees and loan-outs. We watch out for issues of compliance to the state, local and federal governments, so you don’t have to. We also help you stay compliant with union rates that apply to your specific production.

Topsheet provides the required Workers' compensation insurance coverage for each production to ensure safety measures are met and to cover the event of an injury on set. Rates vary based on the nature of your production, but Topsheet works with you to keep the rate as low as possible.

Once all timecards are approved, Topsheet uses automation to calculate payroll and union benefits. Our automation tracks state and federal laws and taxes as well as union rules and rates.

Finally, Topsheet processes paychecks for your employees and payments to unions, state and federal agencies so you don’t have to.